Nothing adds warmth and atmosphere to a living space like a fireplace. But your home might not be right for a wood stove installation, or you might not want to deal with the maintenance. That’s why Buck Stove Pool & Spa offers gas and electric fireplaces, too.
Gas & electric fireplaces don’t require a traditional chimney, so they can be installed in homes where wood-burning stoves aren’t a feasible option. They also both require less maintenance and cleaning than a wood stove, and they’re much easier to operate. Just turn them on, curl up on the couch, and let the warmth wash over you.
But you might still be wondering which option is right for you.
Gas & electric fireplaces each have their own unique advantages.
Advantages of a gas fireplace:
- Real fire. When it comes to getting that classic fireplace ambiance, nothing beats the soft glow and cozy warmth of real flames.
- Will work during a power outage. Your fireplace runs on gas, not electricity, so if the power goes out, it’s an excellent backup heat source.
- Can add to your home’s resale value. According to a 2013 survey by the National Association of Realtors, around 40% of homebuyers said they would pay more for a house with at least one fireplace.
- Plenty of style options. You’re sure to find a gas fireplace that works with the décor & design of any room in your home.
Advantages of an electric fireplace:
- Easy to install. Just put it where you want it and plug it in. It’s that simple.
- Almost no maintenance necessary. You may need to replace a bulb once in a while, but other than that, you can just relax and enjoy.
- Versatile. There’s no need for a fuel source or ventilation, so there’s no need to worry about where you put it. If you have an available outlet, you’re good to go.
- Safe. No flames means no worries about whether you, your kids, your pets, or your possessions will get burned.
- Want “flames” with no heat? No problem! Sometimes you want fireplace ambiance without heating up your home. An electric fireplace is the only fireplace that gives you that option. Just turn on the display without turning on the heat!
Still have questions? Come to Buck Stove Pool & Spa in Greenwood, SC and we’ll help you pick the fireplace that’s right for you. Even if you’re pretty sure about what you want, stop by anyway! We have many makes and models of gas & electric fireplaces on display in our showroom. Don’t make a final decision without seeing what we have in stock.
When it comes to gas & electric fireplaces, trust the experts at Buck Stove Pool & Spa. You won’t find better prices or service anywhere else. We guarantee it.